Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe

The latest Transformer to receive the Masterpiece treatment is Sideswipe (known as Lambor in Japan). It was released just last week and I got mine already!

MP-12 Countach LP500S


First thing I noticed when collecting from the shop: it is small! In fact, MP-12's box is actually smaller than a TFP Takara Tomy Deluxe class box!
MP-12 box comparison

Bottom of the box has a hologram sticker of the Lamborghini logo. My guess is to recognise MP-12 as an official Lamborghini product, and also to prevent counterfeits.
MP-12 Official Lamborghini

When I was young, the Countach LP500S was the first sports car I heard of. Yes it is because of Transformers Sideswipe!
MP-12 Countach LP500S

Sideswipe's weapon and shoulder launcher can be mounted on the roof in car mode. Might wanna think twice about road hogging in front of this Lambo!
Armed Lambo!

Unfortunately my MP-12 suffers from bad paintjob at the leftside door window, with black paint bleeding into the red area. The right side is OK though.
Bad paintjob

Good thing the hood (for me, the most important part of a car) is perfect, so I won't exchange for another piece. Furthermore this part folds in to the back in bot mode, out of sight. I might use red paint to touch up later.

Bot mode, instantly recognisable as G1 Sideswipe!
MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe

Comparison with Classics Sideswipe.
A classic and a masterpiece

With iGear's PP05 Ironhide and Ratchet. As I expected, MP-12 scales well with them.
Bot scale comparison

After playing around with MP-12, I cannot consider it a 'Masterpiece'. To me it is more comparable to third-party products like iGear's PP05 and TFC Toy's individual Hercules bots. The bad paintjob is a disappointment, and reading from forums mine is not an isolated case.

Hmm, I have not compared MP-12 with the other Masterpieces! Well, Takara Tomy already has some official photos with MP-10, etc. I'll post another article with more comparison photos later.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...